Increasing capacity to improve sustainability
Calibre QuadR was actively involved as the engineering, procurement and construction management consultant since 2002 in the progressive expansion of the Yandi mine.
Expansions saw the mine capacity increase from 18Mtpa to 52Mtpa across the following stages:
- Yandi 24 Project: completed in Quarter 1 2004 and increased mine throughput from 18Mtpa to 24Mtpa
- Yandi 600 kt Project: completed in Quarter 2 2005 and involved construction of a new stacker and reclaimer within the rail loop
- Yandi 36 Project: a new mine tip-head, overland conveyors and tertiary crushing and product screening plant introduced by our team
- Yandi By-Pass Project: enabled the wet-plant to be by-passed when “clean” ore is to be processed
- Yandi JSE: increased capacity from 36Mtpa to 52Mtpa and involved the construction of the third tip-head and expansion of all of sites’ infrastructure