Rail Cutting & Embankment Geotechnical Assessments
Providing solution to stabilise the environment.
Calibre QuadR was commissioned to complete geotechnical assessment and provide detailed remedial solutions to stabilise identified unstable rail cut and embankments.
The scope comprised of investigating 19 cutting and 5 embankment sites. Calibre QuadR planned and supervised site investigation on the embankments and drone surveys on cuttings to collect the required information for the assessments.
The investigation programme was carried out with minimum track shut downtime and without HSE incidents. The collected information from the drone survey was then analysed using a photogrammetry method to identify geotechnical hazards and their associated risks. A geotechnical risk profile has been generated for each site in accordance with the clients' risk matrix.
The key project requirements were:
- Desk study and review of existing information
- Detailed ground investigations to collect require geotechnical information
- Identification of geotechnical hazards and their associated risks in cutting and embankment sites
- Provision of a risk profile for each site in compliance with the clients' risk matrix
- Provision of factual and interpretive reports, and remedial work design and drawings