Paraburdoo Sustaining Works
Pilbara Region, Western Australia, Australia
Paraburdoo Sustaining Works involved a program of sustaining capital projects, across the entire Paraburdoo site, executed in 4 phases and intended to raise production at Paraburdoo to 19Mtpa.
Calibre was engaged as the engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCM) consultant to deliver the following works:
- Upgrades to the stockyard stackers and reclaimers
- New switch rooms and electrical upgrades across the plant
- Upgrade to the train load-out
- Screen refurbishment
- Installation of new camp
- New tailings line
- Upgrade to thickener and cyclone feed pumps
- Instrumentation upgrades within nes plant, and
- Chute replacements across the plant.
- First phase 28% throughput increase (5Mtpa) was achieved within eight months.
- The project was successfully completed on schedule and budget with an exemplary safety record.