Delivering essential systems to Western Australia communities
Horizon Power provides essential power services to more than 100,000 residents and 9,000 businesses in Western Australia including major industry. Their SCADA systems includes two major interconnected systems and 36 non-interconnected systems that support regional towns and remote communities.
Horizon's SCADA network services every part of Western Australia outside the south-west corner, covering an area of 2.3 million square kilometres including the Kimberley, Pilbara, Gascoyne, Midwest and Southern Goldfields regions.
Providing integration between information and operational technology systems
Over a three-year period Calibre QuadR supported and maintained Horizon Power’s SCADA systems and infrastructure across two HMI platforms – PowerOn Fusion and CitectSCADA.
Our integrated support team was housed within Calibre QuadR offices in a secure remote support environment. Coverage from human interface systems through to the field was incorporated into the managed service. Our team managed technology obsolesce, version control, firmware updates, system health, security, system improvements and upgrades.
- System monitoring and alerts
- PowerOn Fusion and Citect systems monitoring and support
- Operational support staff
- SCADA configuration, fault analysis, maintenance and commissioning
- Reporting and data extraction
- Analysis, design and system improvements
- System data maintenance
- Cartography and network model maintenance
- User accounts and security
- Infrastructure maintenance
- Systems and infrastructure documentation
- Systems patching and upgrade testing and deployment
- Network configuration including firewalls, switches, VLAN and VPN
- Server physical/virtual creation, maintenance and monitoring
- Operating systems administration
- Active directory management
- Management of DNS/DHCP