Horizon Power SCADA Managed Services
Horizon Power is Western Australia's regional and remote electricity provider, delivering reliable power to more than 100,000 residents and 9,000 businesses, including major industry, across regional Western Australia. It is essential to maintain the integrity and continuous uptime of Horizon Power’s SCADA systems.
Over a three-year period Calibre is providing support and maintenance services to Horizon Power’s SCADA systems and infrastructure across two HMI platforms – PowerOn Fusion and CitectSCADA.
The Horizon Power SCADA systems, infrastructure and networking equipment engages our extensive resource pool of highly skilled personnel including control systems engineers, communications engineers, system administration professionals and systems professionals.
The scope of services includes:
- System Monitoring and Alerting (via Xymon etc.)
- PowerOn Fusion and Citect systems monitoring and support
- Support Operational staff using systems PowerOn Fusion, Citect, Trouble Call System, and Mobile Devices
- SCADA configuration, fault analysis/restoration, Maintenance & Commissioning
- Reporting and data extraction
- Training of site personnel;
- Analysis, design and implementation of system improvements;
- System data maintenance (eg customer data, equipment data)
- Cartography and network model maintenance\
- User account maintenance and security
- Infrastructure maintenance and continuous improvement (eg servers, database, networking, firewall)
- Systems and infrastructure documentation
- Systems patching and upgrade testing and deployment
- Network configuration including firewalls, switches, VLAN and VPN
- Server physical/virtual creation, maintenance and monitoring;
- Operating systems administration (Windows and Linux)
- Management of Active Directory, and
- Management of DNS/DHCP.
The Horizon Power SCADA systems include two major interconnected systems – the North West Interconnected System in the Pilbara and the interconnected transmission network between Kununurra and Wyndham – as well as 36 non-interconnected systems in regional towns and remote communities.
The SCADA network services every part of Western Australia outside the south-west corner, covering an area of 2.3 million square kilometres, including the Kimberley, Pilbara, Gascoyne, Midwest and Southern Goldfields (Esperance, Norseman, and Hopetoun) regions.