Calibre’s commitment in the new normal of COVID-19
In March, Calibre – like most businesses in Australia and New Zealand – had to quickly pivot to working and delivering projects during a global pandemic.
One of our core values, namely We care for people’s wellbeing, has been and continues to be, at the heart of our decision making. Our priority remains keeping our people and communities safe, delivering for our clients, and focusing on economic recovery. As we transition into the new normal, our processes continue to evolve. Our goal is to focus on minimising risk, maximising personal safety and delivering client projects. These processes include:
- Flexible working practices we have the technological flexibility for staff to continue to work from home where it makes sense to do so.
- Managed and staged return for staff who are able to work from offices, these include:
- Recording the locations of our people, whether at home, site or in office
- Daily temperature checks on arrival
- Social distancing rules followed, and
- Hygiene management.
- Site and Project based staff maintaining all safety protocols (to continue as at the peak of the Covid shutdown period)
- Travel limited to essential business travel only
- Protocols in place should staff, contractors, clients or family members become sick or display flu-like symptoms
- Flu-vaccine shots offered at no cost to all staff, and
- Improved integration of technology into our business to remotely manage projects and ensure improved communication.
CEO and Managing Director of Calibre, Peter Massey said he was incredibly proud how our staff have stepped up and lived another of our core values of ‘we succeed together’.
“Responding to Covid-19 has been a team effort, with communication and collaboration key,” he said.
“Whilst 2020 has been challenging, as a leading infrastructure, technology and engineering services provider we have an integral role in helping rebuild the economy,” said Mr Massey.
Calibre’s leadership team will continue to monitor the Covid 19 situation and maintain contact with staff, clients and stakeholders and respond accordingly.