Caring for our people's well-being during COVID-19 Outbreak
Due to the emerging situation around the outbreak of COVID-19, Calibre is actively monitoring advice from relevant authorities and taking steps to ensure our clients and our people are supported. The health, safety and well-being of our people, our clients and the community is our top priority. As the situation changes, we will proactively respond in an informed, sensible and balanced way.
In the short-term, Calibre has made the following changes to minimise risk and ensure continuity of operations:
- Executive Leadership: Our Executive Leadership Team are currently meeting daily to respond appropriately to this fluid and changing situation. Now more than ever, we are guided by one of our core values; We Care for People’s Well-being. As such, the safety of our people, our clients and the extended community is at the forefront of our minds. Our extended leadership team (across Australia and New Zealand) has a weekly meeting scheduled and staff and site teams are regularly updated on our business’ response.
- Self-isolation/quarantine: All employees returning from overseas travel must follow government advice and will required to isolate for 14-days. In addition, they may also be required to self-isolate for a further 14 days on return to their home state/region. Employees who have been in close contact with someone who has recently returned from travelling overseas and are displaying symptoms, are requested not attend work (or work from home if their role allows), and seek medical attention and follow all medical advice.
- Staff register: We are maintaining a register of all employees who are self-isolating or under quarantine to ensure return to work is actively monitored and managed.
- Working from Home: Our Australian offices are transitioning to a virtual workplace environment with those staff that can, now working from home indefinitely. With office staff numbers reduced, our teams are being vigilant with practising social distancing. With the New Zealand government enacting full closures, as of 24 March all Calibre NZ offices are now closed and staff have moved to full working from home arrangements.
- Project Sites: Project Sites in Australia remain open. Increased protective measures have been introduced and our teams are following the hygiene, cleanliness and social distancing guidelines from authorities. We are working closely with our clients to monitor the situation daily and are agile and ready to respond to any changes.
- Meetings: Client and team meetings are being conducted via phone or video conference rather than in-person.
- Travel for work: All travel is now suspended.
- Visitors: Meetings are taking place via phone or video conference.
- Hygiene and social contact: All of our staff have been briefed on the need for enhanced personal hygiene. We are all practising social distancing as standard protocol.
- Resources and Information: An internal resource centre has been created to help keep our people stay informed.
- Increased Employee Communications: Via internal social media, live broadcast channels and emails, we are communicating with our teams regularly.
- Mental Well-being: We acknowledge the current situation has caused increased anxiety for many people. All of our people and their families have access to free support services via our employee assistance program.
We appreciate your support and understanding during this time.
Updated: 30 March 2020