Roy Hill Mine Stacker and Reclaimer Installation
Roy Hill Mine, Western Australia, Australia
G&S Engineering undertook the structural, mechanical, piping and electrical instrumentation (SMP&EI) installation of one fixed stacker, two mobile stackers and one reclaimer at the Roy Hill Mine.
All machines were pre-assembled offshore and supplied in a modular configuration. The onsite assembly involved a multitude of large single and dual crane lifts throughout the build process. Pre-commissioning was also carried out on all of the machines by G&S.
- Supply of erection cranes (over 10 cranes onsite, ranging up to 600T in size)
- Supply of construction offices, cribs and ablutions
- Coordinating the component deliveries around site utilising the self-propelled mobile transporters
- Design and supply of temporary boom stands
- Supply of all tools and gear
- Supply of management and labour with a peak loading of approximately 160 people on site
- Preparation of lift plans (largest lift being 260 Tonnes single crane lift);
- Installation of electrical cable, instruments and lights
- Installation of lube and hydraulic systems
- Simultaneous SMP&EI installation of four machines, and
- Verification of vendor supplied components.