Grasstree Mine Underground Equipment Overhaul
Anglo American Grasstree Mine
Mackay, Queensland, Australia
G&S Engineering provides a viable alternative to the original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), offering a one-stop-shop to repair and replace and damaged components in the underground environment.
One such project involved the complete overhaul of the Grasstree Mine longwall (LW904 - LW906) mining equipment consisting of the armoured face conveyor (AFC) and beam stage loader (BSL).
G&S’ experience was essential in providing a cost-effective solution that saw the client’s equipment repaired and back in production with little fuss. Specifically, works included:
- Full mechanical overhaul and re-hose to MDG 41 guidelines.
- Electrical AS 3800 overhaul and inspections.
- Fabrication of new components and repairs.
- Engineer modifications for dust control.
- Assemble and factory acceptance testing.
- Disassemble and send to site in module form.
- Engineer and supply new pan modules for the Beam stage Loader to replace worn pans.
- Design and install upgraded dust control measures.
- Project completed on time and within budget.