Ginninderry, West Belconnen
Belconnen, ACT, Australia
Ginninderry (West Belconnen) is a 6-star development under the Green Building Council pilot program. Encompassing 11,500 dwellings spanning ACT and NSW, the world-class development will occur in 30 stages over 30 to 40 years.
Ginninderry (West Belconnen) is a development of international significance that showcases innovation and sustainability in the nation’s capital. The Calibre team has completed Stage 1 and is currently carrying out the detailed design and tendering of Stage 2.
Stage 1 saw delivery of arterial road access through the first suburb and trunk lead in services for the ultimate development. Calibre also delivered innovative solutions to facilitate the development’s vision of providing new housing products, new road cross-section typology, urban boulevard solution, microgrid, water sensitive urban design (WSUD) strategy, and governance processes.
Calibre is providing engineering services, road master planning, and opinion of cost for rezoning. To date, the team has provided engineering input into a detailed masterplan for Neighbourhood 1 (1,000 dwellings), followed by an Estate Development Plan and Development Application for Stage 1 (353 dwellings).
This has allowed the project to progress to providing Stage 2 (814 dwellings) with an Estate Development Plan and Development Applications.
Current project highlights include:
- Endorsed industry leading water sensitive urban design (WSUD) strategy
- Complex sewer servicing strategy leading to over 2.5km of sewer micro tunnels
- 2.5km creek rehabilitation and improvement works to manage urban excess immediately downstream of Stage 1
- Stream condition assessment and upgrade works to rectify and protect stream from urban excess runoff
- Sewer masterplanning, feasibility, concept design and planning approvals for 1.5km sewer tunnel and 40m deep vortex drop structure, and
- Design of 2.5km access road from Stage 1 to the Murrumbidgee River.